Water Level Gauge for Golden Lake and the Bonnechere River (Tramore Zone)
Check out our new water level gauge, as shown here. It consists of 3 sections:
- List of water level conditions. There are 5 conditions:
- Normal – no flooding is occurring or expected.
- Flood Outlook – gives early notice of the potential for flooding based on weather forecasts calling for heavy rain, snow melt, high winds or other conditions.
- Water Safety – indicates that high flows, melting ice or other factors could be dangerous for such users as boaters, anglers and swimmers but flooding is not expected.
- Flood Watch – the potential for flooding exists within specific watercourses and municipalities.
- Flood Warning – flooding is imminent or occurring within specific watercourses and municipalities.
- Arrow indicator, which shows the current water condition, and its trend. There are three trends: rising (an upward pointing arrow), falling (a downward pointing arrow), and staying level (no arrow head).
- Condition explanation, which shows the textual description of the current condition (as seen above).
The gauge image is shown on the GLPOA home page, during the spring freshet season.