Who do I call…   important information on what to do and who to contact in various situations.

  1. Bear Sightings – While these encounters can be alarming, police are reminding the community to contact the Bear Wise reporting line at 1-866-514-2327 for non-emergency situations. Examples of non-emergent situations may be observing a bear roaming around checking garbage cans, moving through a back yard, or seeing a bear in a tree. Emergency situations where 911 may be used involve an immediate threat to personal safety. Examples of these situations can be observing a bear wandering into a public gathering, killing livestock or lingering around people.
  2. Crime Stoppers Pembroke/Renfrew County believes that someone may have information that could assist police in solving crimes. If you have information on any criminal offence that results in charges being laid, you qualify for an award of up to $2000. Call Pembroke/Renfrew County Crime Stoppers at 613-735-8477 or toll free at 1-800-222-8477. You could help solve a crime. All tips are anonymous and you will not have to attend court. Crime Stoppers does not subscribe to call display.  The telephones are answered 24 hours a day. Please visit the website www.valleytips.ca .
  3. Calls to Police – In the event you are reporting an occurrence that does not require immediate police assistance please call 1-888-310-1122.   Should you wish to speak to someone at the Killaloe Detachment contact 613-757-2600.    In emergencies call 9-1-1.
  4. Domestic Assault – If you or someone you know is living in or involved in an abusive relationship help is available. Contact Bernadette McCann House 24/7 for support, advice or the safety of a shelter at 1-800-267-4930. The Women’s Sexual Assault Centre of Renfrew County is also available 24/7 for information and support at 1-800-663-3060.  You could also attend the emergency department of any hospital in Renfrew County and ask to speak to a member of the Assault Response Team.  In emergencies call 9-1-1.
  5. Illegal activity against Ontario’s fish and wildlife, species at risk, shore lands, forests, provincial parks and conservation reserves, petroleum, aggregate resources and public lands – To report illegal activity you can call:  Ministry of Natural Resources and Forestry  1-877-TIPS-MNR   (1-877-847-7667)   Crime Stoppers (anonymous)   1-800-222-TIPS (8477)    1-877-TIPS-MNR is not an emergency response number.  If your call is about a matter of public safety, please call 911 or the police.